Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Progress 03 - New equipment

The tools I used weren't that satisfying  to begin with. So investing the vast amount of 8€ for two new pencils and a rubber from Faber Castell was the right thing to do. It felt weird to use the paper from the printer, so I got me a sign block aswell. I was quite sure it wouldn't improve my skill but making things easier ok right now.

This time I didn't use a tutorial but a regular video - as I know from Photoshop, imitating at the beginning is one way to go (by Sophie chan):

 

Here's my result, the comments are below:




















What I tried to do was not caring so much that I do exactly what was done in the video. The hair was drawn more freestyle. I'm not happy with the thick lines I "had to add" mainly on the outer left side but at least I liked it more than the previous results. Still the head looks a bit flat.

The eyes got way bigger which I have to admin kinda like about it.
The shape of the chin didn't turn out that well but at least it leaves a more clean impression.


So these are the three pics I've drawn so far. I'm pretty sure the next one will come within the next few days, maybe even tonight. That depends on how my condition will be after spending the whole day at a local spa.

Jikane

No comments:

Post a Comment